Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin is a leadership book that has application on businesses/organizations, groups, and individuals.
Here’s Episode 3 of The Cuales Family Vlog:
I have some major news regarding this blog! I’ve been thinking about it for quite a while, and I think now is the perfect time to do this.
I plan to totally overhaul the blog. What that means is that the contents that I will share here will no longer be limited to books, reading, and writing. It will include many other things as well, things I am also passionate about, like vlogging, which I’ve done recently.
I realized that writing and reading are just two of the things I love: I also am fascinated by business, entrepreneurship, startups, public speaking, philosophy, technology, camera gears, vlogging, travelling, luxury, parenting, and many other things. So from now on, I will be doing all sorts of things in this vlog. It will be colorful, exciting, new, fun, different, important, and valuable.
Of course, I’d still be writing stories, and eventually I’d still be able to come up with my own book in the near future. All of my other literary dreams are still there and I’d still reach for them. But I will be expanding to other fascinating interests and ventures and I’d like you to journey with me.
By the way, I really hope to meet each of you in person one of these days. I plan to travel the world with my family in a few years’ time.
“Write the books you want to read.”
Here’s episode 2 of our vlog:
I’ve been watching Casey Neistat’s vlogs for many months now. Man, they are so addictive! Casey is one of the most interesting and inspiring persons I’ve ever seen on the Internet.
His vlog prompted me to start my own YouTube channel and make my own vlogs. It’s called The Cuales Family Vlog and here’s the first episode:
Here’s the description:
This is our first-ever vlog! We are a Filipino family living in Cebu, an island south of Manila. We’re doing this, vlogging, for several reasons:
1. We want to document our kids’ formative years. Our son, Luke, is almost 5, and our daughter, Lizzy, just turned 3. We want to give them something they can look back to when they are older, namely these videos, so that they’ll see what they looked like, how they talked, and what they talked about. That’s more awesome than merely having photos of their childhood years.
2. We want to develop our English communication skills by constantly speaking the language while we’re vlogging.
3. We want to compel ourselves to be creative as frequently as possible.
4. We want to show our viewers what it’s like to live in the Philippines, and in particular, Cebu City, at least from our perspective.
5. We are just huge fans of Casey Neistat!
Music: Meant to Be by Arc North (feat. Krista Marina)
“To write something you have to risk making a fool of yourself.”
“A word is dead
when it is said some say.
I say it just begins to live
“Language is wine upon the lips.”